A simple recipe that will make everyone smile
These delicious smarties cookies will make popular party biscuits for kids and adults of all ages (for other party treats with smarties check out our chocolate pizza and large belgian chocolate pizza).
Easy to make, this tasty recipe only requires a few store cupboard ingredients and is ideal if you don’t have much time or are baking with kids.
Children will be able to mix the dough on their own, so you could even bake the cookies as a party activity and have kids take them home in their party bags.
To make 12 to 14 cookies you will need:
- 100g (4oz) of butter of margarine
- 100g (4oz) of light muscovado sugar
- 1 table spoon of golden syrup
- 150g (6oz) of self raising flour
- 85g (3oz) of smarties
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4. Lightly butter or grease two baking trays
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until you have a light and fluffy mixture. Add the syrup
- Mix in half of the flour, add the smarties and the rest of the flour. Work the dough with your fingers if needed
- Spoon the dough in small amounts onto the baking trays. Leave enough space to allow the cookies to spread
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and slide a spatula under each cookie and transfer to a wire rack to cool
- These delicious cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days
For a more grown up version of those cookies, why not replace the smarties with chocolate chips or raisins. You could also make chocolate cookies by replacing 25g (1oz) of flour with 25g (1oz) of cocoa powder.
For tasty treats that are sure to make children and adults of all ages smile check out our range of delicious novelty chocolates.