Are you looking for a sweets recipe you can make with children? Why not try to make these delicious peppermint cream sweets?
These peppermint cream sweets are easy to make, even with small children. My children who are three and four very much enjoyed the cooking although dipping the peppermint creams in melted chocolate turned out to be a rather messy affair.
Tie up your aprons, you will need:
- 1 egg white
- 350g of icing sugar
- 3 drops of peppermint essence
- 2 drops of green food colouring
- 125g of dark chocolate broken into pieces
- Whisk the egg white until white and frothy, sieve in the icing sugar, peppermint essence and food colouring and mix well.
- Roll teaspoon size amount of the mixture into small balls and place them on a tray.
- Flatten each ball with the back of a fork to form flat discs with stripes on top. Place in the fridge for at least an hour until firm.
- Melt the Chocolate and dip each sweet into the chocolate until half covered. Place the sweets on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Keep in the fridge until needed!
These peppermint creams will make a great gift for loved ones on Valentine’s day and other special occasions. Just don’t eat all the sweets while you’re making them!!