While buns are perfect treats for parties – chocolate buns tend to be the most popular ones. They are very easy to make and the recipe is perfect for those who think they can’t cook, kids, busy people and of course for all chocolate cake lovers!
To make enough mixture for 12 small buns, you will need:
- 100g (1 oz) of butter
- 100g (4 oz) of caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 25g (1 oz) of cocoa powder
- 75g (3 oz) of self-raising flower
- Heat oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4. Line a bun tin with bun cases.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each.
- Gently fold in remaining flour and cocoa powder.
- Half fill the paper cases with the mixture and bake for about 15 minutes until firm.
To vary the recipe:
- Ice and decorate your buns
- Add chocolate chips to the mixture (white chocolate will make an interesting colour contrast)
- Sprinkle chopped candied orange peels on your buns before baking (pictured above)
- Sprinkle the buns with icing sugar after baking
PS: if you like those chocolate buns, why not check out our Best Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe or easy chocolate cake recipe? You can also visit our online shop to check out our range of chocolates – including Belgian chocolates and Guylian Chocolates.