Keeping the kids amused over the Easter holidays isn’t always easy, yet holidays are a great time to enjoy a spot of baking with your children. Even very young children can help you make this simple Mini Egg cookies recipe so no-one will feel left out.
You’ll also find more inspiration to keep everyone entertained in our Easter Ideas and Gifts to Entertain All the Family post. Our Alternative Easter Gifts article will give you plenty of gift ideas to make Easter fun while keeping the chocolate down to manageable quantities!
To make 15 to 20 Mini egg cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 120g of mini sugar coated chocolate eggs – we used Cadbury’s
- 225g of butter
- 180g of golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 225g of plain flour
- Heat the oven to 180C / gas mark 6.Put the mini eggs in a sealed sandwich bag and crush them by hitting them with a rolling pin
- In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until well blended, then add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Stir in the flour and baking powder with a large metal spoon. Then stir in ¾ of the mini eggs pieces, saving some larger pieces for decoration
- Blob desert spoons of the mixture, evenly spaced, onto lined baking trays. Then press some of the left over Mini Eggs pieces into the top of each biscuit. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden but still soft in the middle. Cool on a wire rack