A moist raspberry cake recipe with the fruity flavour of summer
With its distinctive flavour and glorious colour, raspberry is a fruit that immediately makes everyone think about summer. This moist cake recipe mixes the flavours of almonds and raspberries and will be a seasonal teatime treat or pudding, perfect if you’re organising a street party.
It is perfect to use fruit from your allotment or from a pick-your-own farm. The recipe is quick and simple to make so kids can join in and help too.
This recipe serves 8 and you will need the following ingredients:
- 140g of ground almonds
- 140g of butter softened
- 140g of golden caster sugar
- 140g of self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 250g of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- icing sugar to decorate
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and grease and line the base of a deep 20cm loose-bottom cake tin. Mix together the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract by hand or using a food processor until well combined.
- Spread half the mixture over the bottom of the cake tin and smooth the top. Scatter the raspberries over, then spoon the remaining cake mixture on top and spread roughly – It might be easier to use your fingers. Scatter with the flaked almonds and bake for 50 minutes until golden. Cool, remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Celebrating special occasions
If you’re celebrating a special occasion, check out our range of helium canisters and party balloons, they will be perfect to help set the mood for your party. Our Must-Have Balloon Accessories to Create Stunning Balloon Decorations and How to Make a Helium Balloon Arch articles will help you plan your decorations for professional looking results.